Board Member – Fundraising
|Chair: Appointed by the Board Chair or Co-Chairs in consultation with the Executive Committee Members: Metro Housing Board Members
Meetings: Four times a year or as needed
Responsibilities: The committee is responsible for providing input and high level oversight on the direction the organization takes in terms of:
· Annual approval of fundraising strategies and goal in support of the annual budget development.
· Regular review of the fundraising plan and status of revenues.
· Support fund development at the board level - encourage, train, and thank other Board members for their involvement in the fundraising activities.
· Establish Event Committee and/or subcommittees as needed.
· Explore potential new fundraising activities.
· Provide support to staff as needed.
|Fundraising, Grants, Public Relations
|Full board meets quarterly - second Wednesday of the third month. Committees meet quarterly in the first month. Executive Committee meets quarterly on the first Wednesday of the second month.
|The board and its committees all meet remotely via Zoom. When in person, the full board meets at Metro Housing's offices at 1411 Tremont Street, Boston MA. Committee meetings are held
|1 to 3 hours/month
|We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.
Metro Housing|Boston mobilizes wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security, and an improved quality of life.
Health, Life Skills