|La Colaborativa has a 12-seat Board of Directors, which oversees all activities of the non-profit. Board members have a responsibility to work with other members to define and develop the mission of the organization and to ensure that the organization has the resources to carry out that mission. Board members also have fiscal and legal obligations to represent to the general community that the organization is a responsible steward of its resources and that its programs are accessible to everyone. Board service is on a volunteer basis. La Colaborativa is committed to ensuring its Board of Directors reflects the backgrounds and experiences shared by our target population of Latinx immigrants in Chelsea and surrounding areas.
|La Colaborativa seeks an experienced professional to join our Board of Directors' Executive Committee as a Board Treasurer. The Board Treasurer oversees the finances of the organization and serves as chair of the organization’s finance committee if there is one. The treasurer utilizes an accounting and finance background in overseeing the preparation of all regular weekly, monthly and annual financial reporting, including the preparation of annual tax documents.
|Human Resources, Strategy Consulting, Accounting*, Board*, Finance*
|La Colaborativa - 318 Broadway, Chelsea MA 02150
|5 to 7 hours/month
|We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.
|La Colaborativa Board Members are required to:
- Support and advocate for the mission and goals of the organization
- Attend monthly board meetings (approx. 2 hours)
- Join at least one board sub-committee which also meets monthly (approx. 2 hours)
- Contribute 3 additional hours monthly to carry out board and committee activities
- Actively participate in financial health of the organization, including planning and approving the agency's annual budget and assisting with fundraising to meet that budget
- Actively participate in organizational development, including development and approval of personnel and operational policies
- Make a meaningful charitable gift to the organization (size dependent on personal means)
- Work with other Board Members and Leadership Staff to meet organizational goals and effectively support the community
Empowering Latinx immigrants to enhance the social and economic health of the community and its people; and to hold institutional decision-makers accountable to the community.
Health, Life Skills