Board Position AnimalsArts & CultureChildrenDisaster ReliefEducationEnvironmentHealthHungerLife SkillsPovertySenior ServicesSocial Justice & EqualityVeterans & Military Families
|YNPN Boston is seeking individuals who are hungry for leadership opportunities and can propel our programs to new heights—highly energetic, driven, and organized individuals to serve on the YNPN Boston Board of Directors. Each Board Member serves a dual-leadership role. The first role is a Board Member, responsible for exercising sound fiscal and legal oversight of the organization. The second role is a Senior Leadership Team Member, who will manage a functional area of the organization and ensure its success. Most of our Senior Leadership Team Members are responsible for managing a team of YNPN Boston Ambassadors, who will assist in executing the team’s responsibilities.
Board members report to the YNPN Boston Board Co-Chairs and will require close collaboration with leadership across the organization. This is a great opportunity to develop skills in an area that you haven’t fully explored or to contribute your expertise to one of Greater Boston’s most influential nonprofits.
In addition to the incredible professional development opportunity that comes with taking ownership over a functional area of an organization and participating in the long-term strategic work of stewarding our mission, Board Members participate in networking and professional development meetings and receive free admission to all YNPN Boston events! Beyond skill-building, our Leadership Team is a network of over 40 like-minded, driven emerging leaders in Greater Boston’s nonprofit community! Board Members commit to serving a two-year volunteer term.
|Director of Communications & Marketing (2 Openings)
YNPN Boston is seeking two highly organized, creative, and strategic individuals to serve as our Co-Directors of Communications & Marketing. The Communications and Marketing team develops and implements the external communications strategy for YNPN Boston. The Co-Directors oversee a team of ambassadors who assist with developing and managing the organization’s brand, marketing all YNPN Boston opportunities and events, reviewing the content for all external-facing materials, developing graphics, maintaining and updating the website, managing our listserv, managing all social media accounts, and developing and managing long-term ongoing communications projects such as the Chris Herron Professional Development Fund communications. As the Communications & Marketing team consistently interfaces with teams across the organization, the Co-Directors need to stay abreast of YNPN Boston internal communications, manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously, prioritize requests and communicate their priorities effectively and have strong relational skills in order to collaborate successfully across the organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities
- Experience overseeing the design and content of online and print materials
- Experience with social media management and social media campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in/willingness to maintain and continue to build a comprehensive communications strategy for the organization
- Willingness to vision broadly and creatively and to facilitate this process with ambassadors and fellow board members
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in a timely manner while managing multiple concurrent projects
- Commitment to cultivating a strong, supportive working partnership with a Co-Director, playing to each other’s strengths, and adapting as needed to ensure the organization’s needs are met
- Ability to engage and manage a team of ambassadors and foster their leadership skills
|Board, Communications*, Digital Marketing*, Graphic Design, Marketing*, Social Media*
|We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.
|As a YNPN Boston Board Member, I will:
- Commit to serving a two-year term, renewable by board vote
- Dedicate an average of 5 hours per week to YNPN Boston-related activities, work, and management.
Note: Depending on your team, some months may be more or less busy than others
- Serve as a board member (governing) and senior leadership team member (managing):
Board Member - Exercise sound, responsible fiscal and legal oversight of the organization and steward the mission of YNPN Boston
Senior Leadership Team Member - Engage in strategic oversight, appropriate delegation, and management of a functional area of the organization (as designated) and take responsibility for its success as part of the overall strategy of the organization
- Make every attempt to attend the following, which take place in the evenings:
Monthly board meetings (2 hours)
Quarterly Leadership Team meetings and socials (1 hour)
Monthly YNPN Boston events (1-2 hours)
- Communicate in a timely manner if I cannot complete a task or attend a meeting or event.
- Make an annual gift at a level that is meaningful to me (suggested range: $50 to $100)
- Respond to all YNPN Boston-related emails within 48 hours
- Represent YNPN Boston to the Greater Boston community (and beyond!)
- Be a team player in supporting the mission of YNPN Boston.
Some board members* manage a team of 4-6 ambassadors. As an ambassador manager, I will:
- Plan and facilitate monthly team meetings with my Ambassadors
- Provide project management and ensure the work completed by my team aligns with organizational goals
- Invest in the leadership and professional development of my Ambassadors
*These positions are Communications and Marketing, Fundraising, Programming and Events, Research and Evaluation, and Talent and Recruitment
My 5 hours per week dedicated to YNPN Boston could include but may not be limited to:
- Participating in the meetings and events listed above
- Meeting and/or communicating with my Co-Director (if applicable) regarding team projects and priorities
- Planning and facilitating monthly meetings for the ambassador team (if applicable)
- Managing my Ambassador team (if applicable) by providing oversight and support of their work, assessing their experience, and providing them with ongoing professional development
- Communicating with other Leadership Team members regarding projects and collaboration efforts
In return, YNPN Boston will:
- Be understanding of busy lives
- Give timely notice for important dates
- Support you in your professional and personal growth
- Connect you to professional development opportunities and a network of peers
- Provide free admissions to all YNPN Boston professional development events
- Provide you with opportunities to practice new skill sets
- Challenge you to think critically and strategically
|Onboarding begins with board orientation in June.
|Visit our website for more information and the link to apply: https://ynpnboston.org/join-the-leadership-team/
Our goal is to develop a stronger, higher impact nonprofit community in Boston by engaging young talent and their organizations in professional development and human capital management practices.
Animals, Arts & Culture, Children, Disaster Relief, Education, Environment, Health, Hunger, Life Skills, Poverty, Senior Services, Social Justice & Equality, Veterans & Military Families