|BAMSI (Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc.), is a 501c3 nonprofit organization serving adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illnesses, and behavioral and public health needs across Massachusetts. With an emphasis on respect and affirming the dignity of the individual, we assist persons served to manage whatever aspect of their life is causing concern. BAMSI’s mission is to empower people and enrich their lives through compassionate support and diverse services, one individual, one family at a time.
BAMSI’s Board of Directors is composed of community and business leaders dedicated upholding BAMSI’s mission and values and maintaining BAMSI’s position as a human services leader. As a state certified minority nonprofit organization, BAMSI is committed to diversity and inclusion at every level and strives for excellence in all it does.
|BAMSI is seeking diverse and dynamic professionals who have a passion to serve the community and the ability to meaningfully contribute to BAMSI’s mission. BAMSI is currently most interested in recruiting board members with a background/expertise in law, construction, engineering, fundraising, human resources, education, investment banking, or healthcare.
Serving on BAMSI’s Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about serving the community, empowering others, and developing as a leader.
Board members are expected to:
· Support BAMSI’s mission through volunteering time, supporting fundraising activities, and making financial contributions;
· Attend regular, monthly meetings, held in Brockton, MA on the 3rd Thursday of every month;
· Serve on one or more committees of the board and actively participate in committee work;
· Become an ambassador for BAMSI in the community; and
· Advise BAMSI’s leadership and provide guidance to the organization in your area(s) of expertise.
|Diversity/Inclusion, Facilities, Finance, Fundraising, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Marketing
|3rd Thursday of every month from 7-9 PM
|1 to 3 hours/month
|We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.
|Board members are expected to:
• Support BAMSI’s mission through volunteering time, supporting fundraising activities, and making financial contributions;
• Attend regular, monthly meetings, held in Brockton, MA on the 3rd Thursday of every month;
• Serve on one or more committees of the board and actively participate in committee work;
• Become an ambassador for BAMSI in the community; and
• Advise BAMSI’s leadership and provide guidance to the organization in your area(s) of expertise.
1. A potential board member shall apply electronically at www.bamsi.org. by filling out the online form and uploading their current resume or providing a link to their LinkedIn profile.
2. The application materials shall be received by the Board Affairs Committee.
3. The Clerk shall contact the candidate to review the qualifications of board members outlined in the Board By-Laws, review the candidate’s application, and discuss their reasons for applying to the Board.
4. If the qualifications are met and the Clerk believes the candidate should be moved forward, the interview shall be scheduled with the candidate, selected members of the Board Affairs Committee, members of the Board and/or BAMSI executive staff.
5. At the candidate’s interview, a packet shall be provided to the candidate that includes the most recent BAMSI Annual Report, a list of Board Member Responsibilities, the Board Job Description Policy, and the Code of Ethics Policy.
6. After the interview, the members of the Interview Committee shall discuss the candidate and determine if the candidate shall be recommended to the full Board.
7. At the next full Board meeting, a member of the Board Affairs Committee shall present the candidate’s application materials along with the Interview Committee’s recommendation of approving or not approving the candidate by the Board Affairs Committee.
8. The Board shall take a vote on the approval of the candidate to the Board.
9. If approved by a majority vote, the candidate shall be informed by the Clerk of the Board or designee of the Board’s decision pending the passing of a CORI review.
10. The newly approved board member shall be asked to attend the next board meeting where an orientation will be provided by the Clerk and a member of the BAMSI staff.
11. If the candidate is not approved, the Clerk of the Board Affairs Committee shall inform him/her of the Board’s decision in writing.
1. The Board President/Chairperson will send a welcome email on behalf of the Board and BAMSI. He will introduce the Board Affairs Committee Chair for next steps in the on-boarding process.
2. The Board Affairs Committee Chairperson will send a welcome email on behalf of the Board Affairs Committee and provide the following:
- BAMSI Board Orientation voice annotated Power point for review prior to first board meeting.
- Digital packet to include an overview of BAMSI information for review.
- Connections to BAMSI Office for operational items i.e., BAMSI email, portal access, etc.
- Invitation to the next board meeting with instructions to arrive 30-60 minutes early for a welcome meeting
3. The Board Affairs Committee Chair will then connect the individual with an experienced board member as their Board liaison for help/assistance.
To empower people and enrich their lives, through compassionate support and diverse services, one individual, one family at a time.
Children, Health, Hunger, Life Skills, Poverty, Senior Services