Committee Member – Marketing/Events
|Our board||*Committee members are not necessarily board members but if interested let us know!
1. To create a BOD that values all gifts, time and talents of its members and reflects the diversity of the communities served by Jeff’s Place
2. To motivate and inspire individuals, stakeholders, foundations and corporations to support the organization’s financial needs and community-building mission
3. To foster a sense of responsibility and pride in all members with regards to their contributions** on the Board
BOD Essential Roles:
1. Having a fiduciary responsibility to the financial sustainability and growth of Jeff’s Place
2. Hiring, supporting, evaluating and supervising the Executive Director
3. Ensuring the fulfillment of the mission of Jeff’s Place and continuing to define and navigate the success of its vision
|Position||We are looking for a committee member who has experience with content design and marketing to help us with messaging. Ideally this person will help us develop a communications and development plan.|
|Branding, Communications, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Social Media|
|When||Each committee meets every other month or as needed for their own business that the chair of that committee reports during the board meeting or as needed.|
|Where||During COVID-19, we meet via Zoom. Committee monthly meetings are typically zoom or conference calls.|
|Commitment||1 to 3 hours/month|
|Donation||We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.|
|Requirements||*Committee members are not necessarily board members but if interested let us know!
Minimum Requirements for Board Members:
1. Provide an annual financial donation to Jeff’s Place, and make Jeff’s Place a top philanthropic priority
2. Serve on at least one board committee
3. Attend all BOD meetings and related committee meetings
|On-boarding||*Committee members are not necessarily board members but if interested let us know!
Each potential board member meets with our board chair, a member of the governance committee, and the Founder & CEO. If everyone decides it's a good fit, the new board member is assigned a board mentor for onboarding and given a BOD manual (we are revising this currently).
Our mission is catalyzed through research, education and social
Arts & Culture, Education, Health, Social Justice & Equality