Board Member – Volunteer/Outreach
1. To create a BOD that values all gifts, time and talents of its members and reflects the diversity of the communities served by Jeff’s Place
2. To motivate and inspire individuals, stakeholders, foundations and corporations to support the organization’s financial needs and community-building mission
3. To foster a sense of responsibility and pride in all members with regards to their contributions** on the Board
BOD Essential Roles:
1. Having a fiduciary responsibility to the financial sustainability and growth of Jeff’s Place
2. Hiring, supporting, evaluating and supervising the Executive Director
3. Ensuring the fulfillment of the mission of Jeff’s Place and continuing to define and navigate the success of its vision
|We need someone who can help us create a plan to embrace and utilize volunteers in a variety of ways. We often get inquiries but don't know how to take advantage of these opportunities.
We very much want to develop policies and practices that promote diversity, equity and inclusion, and we hope this person can help us do so!
|Diversity/Inclusion, Human Resources, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media
|The Board of Directors meets every other month in person or via zoom. On the "off" month, it is expected that each committee meets as needed for their own business that the chair of that committee reports during the board meeting or as needed.
|The 6 board meetings are held in person when possible at 281 Pleasant Street in Framingham. During COVID-19, we meet via Zoom. Committee monthly meetings are typically zoom or conference calls.
|1 to 3 hours/month
|We strive for 100% board giving, but have no strict guidelines around financial contributions.
|Minimum Requirements for Board Members:
1. Provide an annual financial donation to Jeff’s Place, and make Jeff’s Place a top philanthropic priority
2. Serve on at least one board committee
3. Attend all BOD meetings and related committee meetings
|Each potential board member meets with our board chair, a member of the governance committee, and the Founder & CEO. If everyone decides it's a good fit, the new board member is assigned a board mentor for onboarding and given a BOD manual (we are revising this currently).
Our mission is catalyzed through research, education and social
Arts & Culture, Education, Health, Social Justice & Equality